1. UNICEF, World Health Organization. Low Birthweight
Estimates. Vol. 4. Geneva: UNICEF, World Health Organization;
2. World Health Organization (WHO). Newborns: Reducing
Mortality. World Health Organization; 2019. p. 2018‑21.
Available from: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/
fs178/en/. [Last accessed on 2019 Jun 02].
3. Howes A, Keir A. Quality improvement effort to reduce
hypothermia among high‑risk infants on a mother‑infant unit.
Acta Paediatr 2018;107:1837.
4. Debbarma R, De A, Debbarma S. Incidence of intracranial
haemorrhage in low‑birth weight infants and its outcome:
A hospital based prospective study. Int J Res Med Sci
5. Zhou W, Yu J, Wu Y, Zhang H. Hypoglycemia incidence and
risk factors assessment in hospitalized neonates. J Matern Fetal
Neonatal Med 2015;28:422‑5.
6. Nam N, Dem PH, Tam N, Dung N. Preterm birth and low birth
weight in neonates with postnatal respiratory failure at a tertiary
hospital in Viet Nam. Biomed Res Ther 2020;7:4010‑5.
7. Anil KC, Basel PL, Singh S. Low birth weight and its associated
risk factors: Health facility‑based case‑control study. PLoS One
8. Miller SS, Lee HC, Gould JB. Hypothermia in very low
birth weight infants: Distribution, risk factors and outcomes.
J Perinatol 2011;31 Suppl 1:S49‑56.
9. Dehghani KH, Pour Movahed Z, Dehghani H, Nasiriani KH.
A randomized controlled trial of kangaroo mother care versus
conventional method on vital signs and arterial oxygen saturation
rate in newborns who were hospitalized in neonatal Intensive
Care Unit. J Clin Neonatol 2015;4:26‑31.
10. Srivastava S, Gupta A, Bhatnagar A, Dutta S. Effect of very
early skin to skin contact on success at breastfeeding and
preventing early hypothermia in neonates. Indian J Public Health
11. Idayanti T, Indriyanti K, Anggraeni W. The effect of early
breastfeeding initiation (Imd) on new born baby temperature in
Bps Heppy Rina, S.St, Seduri Village‑Mojosari and Bps Fifit, S.St,
Panjer Village‑Mojosari. Nurse Healh J Keperawatan 2019;8:28‑35.
12. Pratiwi IG, Soetjiningsih S, Kardana IM. Effect of kangaroo
method on the risk of hypothermia and duration of birth weight
regain in low birth weight infants: A randomized controlled trial.
Paediatr Indones 2009;49:253.
13. Song D, Jegatheesan P, DeSandre G, Govindaswami B. Duration
of cord clamping and neonatal outcomes in very preterm infants.
PLoS One 2015;10:e0138829.
14. Trevisanuto D, Putoto G, Pizzol D, Serena T, Manenti F,
Varano S, et al. Is a woolen cap effective in maintaining
normothermia in low‑birth‑weight infants during kangaroo
mother care? Study protocol for a randomized controlled trial.
15. Edraki M, Paran M, Montaseri S, Razavi Nejad M, Montaseri Z.
Comparing the effects of swaddled and conventional bathing
methods on body temperature and crying duration in premature
infants: A randomized clinical trial. J Caring Sci 2014;3:83‑91.
16. Libert JP, Delanaud S, Bach V. Warming mattresses for
newborns: Effectiveness and risks. Biomed J Sci Tech Res
17. McCarthy LK, Molloy EJ, Twomey AR, Murphy JF,
O’Donnell CP. A randomized trial of exothermic mattresses
for preterm newborns in polyethylene bags. Pediatrics
18. Kumar V, Shearer JC, Kumar A, Darmstadt GL. Neonatal
hypothermia in low resource settings: A review. J Perinatol
19. Leadford AE, Warren JB, Manasyan A, Chomba E,
Salas AA, Schelonka R, et al. Plastic bags for prevention of
hypothermia in preterm and low birth weight infants. Pediatrics
20. Talakoub S, Shahbazifard Z, Armanian AM, Ghazavi Z. Effect
of two polyethylene covers in prevention of hypothermia among
premature neonates. Iran J Nurs Midwifery Res 2015;20:322‑6.
21. Ibrahim CP, Yoxall CW. Use of plastic bags to prevent
hypothermia at birth in preterm infants – Do they work at lower
gestations? Acta Paediatr 2009;98:256‑60.
22. Belghazi KH, Ghyselen L, Elabbassi EB, Agourram B, Libert JP.
Influence of Neonate’s Body Position with and without a
Plastic Blanket on Body Heat Loss Assessed from a Thermal
Mannequin. 11 International Conference” Environmental
Ergonomics”, Sweden 2005. p. 662‑4.
23. Knobel R, Holditch‑Davis D. Thermoregulation and heat loss
prevention after birth and during neonatal intensive‑care unit
stabilization of extremely low‑birthweight infants. Adv Neonatal
24. Maryamah A, Raksanagara AS, Rasyad AS, Wijayanegara H,
Garna H, Sutisna M. The effect of using a hypothermic baby
blanket in increase and stabilate body LBWB temperature in
RSU Dr. Slamet Garut. J Sistem Kesehatan 2019;5:24‑3025. Belsches TC, Tilly AE, Miller TR, Kambeyanda RH, Leadford A,
Manasyan A, et al. Randomized trial of plastic bags to prevent
term neonatal hypothermia in a resource‑poor setting. Pediatrics
26. Maria Carneiro K, Chaves Freitas L, de Holanda Guimarães
Lima A, Magalhães F, de Paula Pessoa Gurgel E. Polyethylene
wrap for maintaining the body temperature of the newborn.
J Nurs Ref 2015;4:9‑16.
27. Marcdante KJ, Kliegman R. Nelson Essentials of Pediatrics.
7th Ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier; 2015.